Australian Retail Training
We specialise in on-the-job retail training delivery to the employees of remote retail stores including those employed in takeaway outlets. All of our training materials are customized specifically for these client groups where low levels of literacy and numeracy is a common barrier to meaningful engagement. Our plain speak approach also encourages the participation of managers and supervisors in on-the-job training processes.
All of our trainers and assessors require both appropriate workplace training qualifications and hands-on remote Indigenous community store management experience as well. We are also available to provide cross-cultural mentoring and induction strategies to support those new to this challenging environment.
Through Australian Retail Training you can:
- Access accredited retail training programs that include nationally accredited retail qualifications at Certificate II, III and IV levels.
- Access Government funded training programs focused in the areas of workforce development, literacy and numeracy (WELL Programs), training of new workforce participants and transition to work programs for indigenous youth and the long term unemployed.
- Access cross cultural training programs designed to assist people develop cross cultural skills specifically centred on working with an indigenous workforce.
- Access governance training programs for the up-skilling of indigenous directors of indigenous corporations and boards of management.
- Access Food safety, WHS and nutritional training for employees of remote stores.
- Access proven workforce development strategies that will support the long term training and development a predominately indigenous workforce.
Our training staff are highly experienced trainers in the remote retail industry and we can provide language, literacy and numeracy specialists to provide specialized support for low literacy learners.